And you thought French numbers didn't make sense?
- Denmark: Ten (Ti)
- Denmark: Twenty (Tyve)
- Denmark: Thirty (Tredive)
- Denmark: Forty (Fyrre)
- Denmark: Two-and-a-half-times-twenty (Halvtredsindstyve)
- World: WHAT THE FUCK DENMARK? YOU CRAZY, BITCH?
- Denmark: Three-times-twenty (Tresindstyve)
- World: Really, stop it
- Denmark: Three-and-a-half-times-twenty (Halvfjerdsindstyve)
- World: You're even more fucked up than France
- Denmark: Four-times-twenty (Firsindstyve)
- World: Are you done?
- Denmark: ...
- Denmark: ...
- Denmark: Four-and-a-half-times-twenty (Halvfemsindstyve)
- World: You're hopeless
- Denmark: Hundred (Hundrede)
SHIT I CAN'T MAKE UP: Convo between my 7year-old students today
- (Names have been altered slightly, just in case.)
- Josie: I have a new crusshhhhh
- Matt: Me too! On a boy!
- Pearl: You're a boy with a crush on a boy?
- Matt: Yeah he's really cute.
- Pearl: Oh.
- (pause for a bit)
- Matt: Boys can like boys. I just can't marry him because boys can't marry boys.
- Me: Yeah they can. You can marry whoever you want.
- Matt: Really?
- Josie: YEAH my tia has a wife so now I have a titi and a auntie.
- Matt: Okay. Then maybe I'll marry him.
- Dave: (from across the room) No you can't you're seven.
- (Age was apparently the only foreseeable problem anyone of my elementary schoolers could see with gay marriage. I almost cried out of happiness. Later, when I was asked if boys could kiss anyone they wanted, I replied "only if they want to kiss you back." And Josie responded "Yeah! Your body your life.")
- My students are the shit.
- Eva: "pablets, el lugar donde todo está al reves y el revés es lo contrario. Ahora que lo pienso, si pablets es el lugar donde todo esta al revés, ¿por qué no se llama stelbap?"
- Leticia: "Porque ya se llamaba stelbap pero giramos el nombre".
- Eva: "Ah, claro".
← Newer • Older →
Page 1 of 3